So the (amazing, awesome-filled) people in my online writer’s group are making lists of things they accomplished this year, and what they hope to accomplish next year (not necessarily writing-related) and I’m like… uh…. well…
I accomplished nothing of note in 2009.
No really. I didn’t land a job or find an apartment—those were late 2008. I didn’t finish a novel—you were all playing along when I failed NaNo, right? There’s nothing huge that I can point to and say, “Look what I did this year!”
I refuse to acknowledge that 2009 was a total bust, so I’m going to make a list anyway. Because damn it, I must have done something.
So. In 2009, I:
- Acquired all 3 seasons of the original Star Trek.
- Gave myself a concussion.
- Finally decided I kinda like Boston.
- Saw the Pogues live in concert, and Shane MacGowan was everything I’d hoped for and more.
- Went on a Bear Adventure in northern Minnesota.
- Bought shoes. Lots of shoes.
- Watched the Star Wars trilogy… 5 times? That I can recall.
- Saw Rent 4 times.
- Acquired an adorable little kitty.
- Got my first tattoo.
- Met a large number of the people in my online writer’s group (considering how scattered we all are, this is actually a pretty big deal).
- Met some amazing people through NaNo, even if I didn’t finish the novel.
- Won the highly-coveted Merlene Award.
So there. My 2009 was filled with accomplishments that you can only dream of.
But what for 2010? Hm. I’ll make a proper list and post it tomorrow.