Okay, as promised. Goals for 2010. New Year’s Resolutions, if you will, though if we call them that I will certainly fail in a fiery ball of fail.
After much thought and deliberation (scribbled these on the back of a post-it yesterday), I have decided upon the following for my 2010 Goals:
- Finish my WIP. Not any WIP. This one. BY. The one that I’ll have been working on 2 years in March. I am going to fucking finish this thing or die trying.
- Write a query letter for BY. Even if it’s not query-worthy by the end of the year, I’m going to write a letter. If BY is query-worthy, then I will add onto this goal “mailing the query letter,” but we will cross that bridge when it gets to us.
- Write and submit a short story. Not even get it published. I aim small. Just submit. Also, I am horrible at short stories. Ugh.
- Lose 20 lbs. I am tired of people suggesting I go on or assuming I already am on a diet. Fuck you all. I’ll lose 20 lbs.
- Eat better. (This is not necessarily related to the previous goal.) I’ve starting eating out/prepared food SO MUCH because I am SO LAZY—but NO LONGER. You can tell I’ll stick to this goal because of all the caps.
- Write at least 500 words per day. I was going to make this 1000, but I know I’ll fail if I do that. So. 500. That’s easy, right?
You guys are all going to have to hold me to these because, as we have already proven, I have no willpower whatsoever.
These goals seem pretty paltry compared to what everyone else I know is doing, but, hey. If I finish it all by June then I can feel like an overachiever, right?