Spent some time today going through and deleting old blog post drafts—posts that, frankly, we are all lucky I stopped writing. I really do try to save us all from the dull inanities of my life. (But Grace, I hear you say, all you do on this blog is write about dull inanities. Right, so imagine how bad these posts were.)
As usual, looking backwards made me thing about going forward (aside: I was a history major), so here’s what I’m thinking of doing with gracetopia in two zero one four:
- Post more about my travels. I am lucky enough to travel for my job, and this year I tried to start doing a “notes from the road” series but the posts don’t really have much meat. So, one of my plans is to do a better job of sharing some of the entertaining and interesting parts of my journeys, not just photos out of my hotel room window. (Though you have to admit, the Miami Beach photo is pretty baller.) (Is baller a thing the kids are saying now?) The problem, of course, is that I spent a lot of time in hotel rooms, which are inherently pretty dull. But fuck it, I’m a writer, let’s do this and make it sparkle.
- Write more about what I read. I like reading. I like talking about reading. I tend to prefer talking about things I love rather than tearing apart things I don’t, so that’ll probably be the focus. I do try to shout out some of my favorite reads every now and then (HAWKEYE) but I guess what I’m saying is I’m going to try to focus more on making this a place for discussion about books/comics. Yeah.
- Post more pictures. People like pictures, right? Breaks up all the text and whatnot. Related to this, I will have to take more pictures, because most of mine don’t really relate to the topics I might write about.
- Write more about Boston stuff. Boston, you’re my home. I want to reflect that a bit more at gracetopia, especially to give people who aren’t from around here a taste of what the city’s like. I wasn’t really sold on Boston when I arrived, but I’m kind of digging it now and I’d like to share that. (What about digging it? Do the kids say that?) This will also (maybe?) be an impetus to get my butt out from in front of Project Runway/Say Yes to the Dress marathons and actually do things in this city.
- More cat pictures. Because you can never have enough cat pictures. Internet FACT.
So, you know, get excited for all of that. And let me know if something jumps out at you and you’re like omg more of this!